From Ryzom Forge Wiki
Export from 3DS Max to .shape
3D stuff modeling for Ryzom can be realized by means of several 3D computer graphics programm on for sale. Autodesk 3D Studio Max, Autodesk Maya, Zbrush, Blender are the most famous, but many others exist. The unwrap and polypainting or texturing steps can be made through other specialized softwares (eg. UVLayout, MAXON Bodypaint 3D...). However it is imperative that the realized object and its UV and textures can be exported to 3DS Max, the only one software supporting the export to the NeL file format (.shape). The export is made by means of files using .obj or .fbx file format.
Plug-in 3DS Max
The export plug-in to the .shape file format (for NeL) is only available for Autodesk 3Ds Max 2010 > 2012 32 Bit. Newer/older or 64bit versions are NOT supported.
Install the Nel Export plug-in
- 1 - Be sure to have a compatible 3DS Max version (2010-2012 32 Bit).
- 2 - Download the plug-in from this address: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9w9d7wm911cfm00/nel_plugins_3dsmax_2012_x86.rar
- 3 - Unzip the archive
- 5 - Download the file: ftp://ftp.ryzom.com/1309041645_nel_material.ms and rename it to _Nel_material.ms_ .
- 6 - Substitute the file _3ds Max 2012\Scripts\Startup\Nel_material.ms_ from the downloaded file.
- 7 - Launch 3DS Max 2010 > 2012 32 Bit.
Export a model
Export a skeleton
You have to select the root node of your skeleton, and use the nelexport plug-in _Export skeleton_.
Export an animation
You have to select the root node of your animated skeleton, and use the nel export plugin _export model animations_.
20 pages in 3D