From Ryzom Forge Wiki
Obsolet - Obsolete - Obsoleto - Obsolète - устарел
Collaborative Project: Ryzom Forge
"The wealth of Ryzom resides in what the players and those who love it can bring to it. For this to happen, we must give them the means and opportunity.."
This sentence sums up by itself the essence of the project : to expand the Power to Players beyond the single Role-play and finally give the Ryzom community means to act on the game itself.
General presentation of the project
What is Ryzom Forge?
Ryzom Forge is an ambitious collaborative project open to the gaming community and the open source community, in partnership with Winch Gate and volunteers from the Ryzom team.The partnership already established with the Kaganat project (http://khaganat.net) since the design stage of the Ryzom Forge project, has proven to us the relevance of the ambition of an opening to the open source community.
The design of this project is planned in progressive stages, each bringing its own addition to the game:
- The first step, the simplest, is to enrich available apartment items.
- The second step is to take advantage of the mastery of adding objects to create new equipable items.
- The third stage, more elaborate, and also requiring a good deal of work on the tribes "level design" side, will be to create new weapon patterns available through tribe rites.
- The final stage, called New Zone project will be the creation of a new game area.
WARNING! We cannot guarantee that the final stage can be reached, or even that the first will be achieved. But we want to give you the means to meet the challenge and to be at your side to move it forward as far as possible.
Main page of the Tutorials.
- Graphism : data from art direction, full implementation (from modeling to animation) of integrated and supported by Nel / Client assets.
- Level Design : Reflexion on what makes it for a new continent alive, rich of possibilities and challenging for the players. A matter of background/history of the place which is to be discovered step by step by the players (rites, amber cubes), of ecosystem (mobs, aggro areas, patrols, map, materials) and of interactions with the characters of the zone (NPC, tribes, quests, missions).
- Devs/intégration : integrate the creations in a set exportable to the Ryzom server.
- Support : Informations about support for the many OS : Linux, Mac, Windows.
- General Chat of the project : #ryzomforge on FreeNode, for a fast and alive exchanges. [/[IRC|More on IRC]]
- Forum (for extended exchanges) [/[coming soon]] Expected on the Ryzom official forum
Both are complementary. Please note that the IRC logs can be made available.
- Wiki for documentation; to learn how to use the wiki, check the page Help with the use of the wiki
- Producteev: https://producteev.com/workspace/p/53baa4f2feca77a62e00000e (Create an account then ask Aileya on #ryzomforge for an access).
- Framapad for notes, group writings: http://lite2.framapad.org/
- Test server Yubo (ask on IRC for access).
- World editing tools from RyzomCore (World Editor, Georges Editor, etc.)
How to contribute/help?
Help by translating tutorials in each language, by exploring and gathering information on the tools, creating graphics, suggesting missions, giving your opinion on RIC and forums, improving the wiki structure and correcting typo/mistakes that you may find ... There is no little contribution, no specific skill requirement, everyone can contribute, learn and improve the project.
If you wish to help and you feel lost, come meet us on #ryzomforge or visit the [/[first_step|First steps]] page.